Sunday, December 04, 2005

Statement of Intent

Hi,
Web Design Musings is not geared towards the experts. It's aimed at those who have or need a website and need a little more info on what to do and what not to do. It will cover things like how to get good search engine rankings, what to look for in a good design or design company, and what extras might be useful. I suppose its about making the web work for you.

Who am I? My name's (Dr) Eddie May. I've been creating stuff for the web since the last millenium. I was involved during the first dot com boom, writing Java software for banks, etc. Online credit card applications, etc. Since then I've been running my own small web design and development company - Fresh Web Services Ltd - in Leicester, in the East Midlands of the UK. We've developed everything from small brochure web sites through to financial and GIS systems for local governement.

Along the way, I've been asked almost every question there possibly is (slight exaggeration!) about the web and how to make it work. I've not always had the answer to every question, but mostly I've been able to help a client get what they want from the web.

However, the web changes incredibly fast, and knowledge doesn't stand still. I'm still learning, & I hope I can pass on some useful knowledge along the way.

So, check back frequently - I plan to publish something new about once a week - and let's see if we can't learn something new and useful from each other.

No comments: